How Do I Know The Right Option?
- Are you looking for relief from the daily tasks like cleaning, mowing, shoveling and repairs and the expense of keeping up a household?
- Are you looking for a convenient and safe environment to call home?
- Do you look forward to socialization and community spaces for fun and relaxation?
- Do you want to spend more time enjoying your family and friends, travelling and maybe, volunteering in the community?
- Are you independently caring for yourself and not requiring daily home care support?
If the answer is yes to the questions above, then Independent Living is the best option for you.
It’s not always easy to tell when you or a loved one needs more help. The following warning signs may indicate that it’s time for a talk about Assisted Living:
- Do you find the refrigerator is empty or filled with spoiled food? Are you or your loved one losing weight? These may be signs of not eating well because shopping or cooking is difficult.
- Do you notice frequent bruises? This may be a sign of falling or mobility and balance problems.
- Does your loved one wear the same clothes over and over again or neglect personal hygiene? This can indicate that doing laundry and bathing is physically challenging.
- Do you find the house and yard isn’t as clean and tidy as it used to be?
- Does your loved one forget things, including doctor’s appointments or when to take medication? This may be due to memory loss.
- Does your loved one seem down? Depression is common in seniors who are isolated and alone.
- Do you notice strange or inappropriate behavior? For example, dressing inappropriately for the weather. This can be a sign that he or she is experiencing confusion.
How do I know the right option for sure?
Please contact us for more information about each of our available lifestyle options or to schedule nursing assessment that will help you determine what is best for you or your loved one. You’ll have the comfort of knowing our team will guide you in the right direction.